Advertisement

Gay Bathhouses,Which one is Best?

topic posted Thu, September 28, 2006 - 10:30 AM by  Jake
Share/Save/Bookmark
Seattle has three Gay Men's Bathouses and each one is Unique.
As we Gay Guys all know,the onslaught of the AIDS Pandemic in the mid 80's closed most of them,but a few "Survived".

"Club Seattle" is a "boi bath" young pretty buffed bois,struttin their stuff.
"Basic Plumbing" is a maze of glory holes..one walks around clothed and..sticks it in a hole.
"Club Z" Is the Pacific Northwest's oldest Gay Men's Bathouse(1975-) It's a "Classic" Gay Baths with rooms,lockers,and lots of places to either do it in pvt,or in huge orgies.It's crowd is a mix of old and young with many different sexual interests.
Lets hear from Tribe Guys about what is their favorite Gay Bathouse,and also from our Straight members on wich is their favorite "Hedonisitc" Hangout!
posted by:
Jake
Idaho
Advertisement
  • Re: Gay Bathhouses,Which one is Best?

Thu, February 1, 2007 - 8:54 PM
    I live in Seattle, and have been to all three of the clubs listed. I would say that Club Seattle is clean, and the staff tries to make sure it is relatively drug-free. The only time I had a really good time there was when I met a hot latino in the park and brought him there. Fuck was that hot! Otherwise, like most of Seattle's sex scene..I just can't quite figure out what is going on.

There is a mentality here that being from NYC, I don't get. But it doesn't always appear to be about sex. Club Z is the sleazier of the two. I have a some good times there. But with Vancouver, and Portland so near, your chances are better if you hit some of the baths in those two cities.

My first bath house experience was in NYC circa 1981. I dont know whether I am glad to have had that experience or saddened by it. I have a tendency to compare all of my subsequent bath house experiences to those.

Now, if you want to talk about a sauna: think the St. Mark's Bathhouse in 1982!!! Words cannot begin to descrbe. Any you know, I am glad to have been able to experience that time.

Sat, July 11, 2009 - 4:07 PM
      I went to Club Bath in Seattle years ago and it was incredible. I went to the green shuttered place in the French Quarter years ago. It was okay. Kind of skanky. lol I went to one in London which years ago was totally dismal and probably still is. The one in Derby ( UK ) was pretty cool. I think the only other one I've been to is SteamWorks in Berkeley. I go once or twice a year. Sometimes more. Just for the hell of it. I always have a great time there. They have a gym. I love the large hot tub. Very nice. And you can pretty much always tell who is on speed or something. I tend to avoid those guys. It's sad.

Tue, February 28, 2012 - 7:10 AM
      I completely agree about NY. Having first experienced the bath and sex club/bar scene there in the 80's, it's hard to compare. NY still has the best sexual vibe of anywhere in the U.S. Guys just know what they like and go for it whenever possible. It's such a hot scene. I am new to Seattle from SoCal and hope I can hook-up with the ORAL scene there!

Thu, February 1, 2007 - 11:05 PM
    I'm not sure how this ties in with our theme of being a guide to being male, but I'll let this one slide.

Mon, February 12, 2007 - 5:14 PM
      A guide to being male pertains to anything by and for Men Penguin.
      gay Bathouses are as much "for gay Men" as Straight Strip Clubs are "for" heterosexual Men.
      Unless that is if you don't wish any "Gay" subject matter discussed here?

Mon, February 12, 2007 - 10:34 PM
        Since you posted this on the board I will do the same. I've received more than one complaint about how this site tends to be leaning more gay. Now I expect that there can be a balance, and am certainly known for being anti censorship. But what convinced me to go ahead and mention it was that one of the individuals pointed out that trying to find a gay bath house makes it appear more like a place to hook up than a guide to being male.

Now, if we wish to discuss the lure of gay bath houses to men, I'm all game. But I tend to agree with others that there are more suitable places on tribe to find a good place to go for a gay old time than "A guide to being male."

I also want to make sure we all feel comfortable discussing issues that affect all men, gay, bi and straight. Please don't try to accuse me attempting to slant things here one way or the other. But I also don't want to loose the scope of what we have been working on here. I've been in too many tribes where the 'mission' was lost along the way and now the tribes are lame and dead.

So as mod, I ask that we try to keep things in line with our audience and the topic at hand and ask that we use some of the other tribes to find out which bath house to go to.

I hope you understand and don't find offence.

Tue, February 13, 2007 - 8:16 AM
        I'll weigh in on this one...

First of all, I think an error is made in calling them "Gay Bathhouses," as they attract men of ALL types. They should be called Men's bathouses or simply bathouses.

Second, while I have spent some time in bathouses and thoroughly enjoyed myself, it was primarily a sex-hunt. While you state that Straight Strip Clubs are for heterosexual men, there are no threads in this tribe devoted to finding the best ones and I certainly have no interest in reading such a thread in THIS tribe. (I DO belong to a few tribes devoted to the sex hunt, though)

I would be interested in a thread devoted to why people go to bathouses, as the reasons are different for different people. Personally, I tend to be a bit of an exhibitionist, and I enjoy playing in a group. Some go for the anonymous sex. I suspect straight men go for what they can't get from the little woman. Why do you enjoy bathouses?

TD
        • Unsu...

Re: Gay Bathhouses,Which one is Best?

Tue, February 13, 2007 - 8:02 PM
          In a rare bit of extreme confession: there are two reasons. For both social and sexual purposes. Being a highly sexual person married to a slightly sexual person causes a deal of frustration and friction at home. But, being me, I am not able to "Cruise" bars or willing to have someone as "The Other Man." Additionally, there are some folks that I socialize with in that setting (being more than a little reclusive, that's not a bad thing).

Tue, February 13, 2007 - 10:03 PM
            If you are looking for sex, bars can be a lot of work and frustration, with no guarantee that you will "get any."

Bathouses almost guarantee that you will get some NSA sex, and it can be as anonymous or social as you choose to make it.

Thanks for your reply.

TD
        • Unsu...

Thu, March 8, 2012 - 6:03 PM
          Straight guys don't go to all male bath houses where sex between men goes on.

If a guy is having sex with men or wanting to he's not hetero or straight at all.

Some queens need the fantasy and pipe dream that they've actually had sex with a real straight or hetero guy and they never got over lusting and pining for their straight male friends and they can't stand the fact that they'll never be with their straight male friends or any hetero guy at all. Unless you're in prison and being gang raped as a punk bitch sex with a straight guy is not going to happen.

Wed, March 21, 2007 - 2:13 PM
    I currently live near San Francisco and would frequent Steamworks (Berkeley) and Water Garden (San Jose).

I found that Steamworks has a more wide range of folks, in terms of age, ethnicity, etc. Of course, it all depends on the day and time of day that you go. There are nice rooms, some with tv, some with sling. There is a gloryhole area, a small exercise room, steam room, dry sauna and hot tub. On many occasions, I find the smells too overpowering. I'm not sure if it's because people are not clean or the facilities, but the smell of something is in the air.

On the otherhand, I like Water Garden much more. There are private rooms, rooms with tv, tiny exercise area, great steam room, what's different is the outside heated pool and fire pit. The combination makes for a great way to really stretch out in the warm water then dry off in front of a roaring fire. There is also an indoor fire place where you can meet people and chat or read magazines or something.

My current favorite, isn't a "gay" bathhouse, Kabuki Hotsprings is a bathhouse that has men only nights. There is a steam room, dry sauna, a cold plunge and a huge hot bath. There are no private rooms, but ample places for folks to sit around or lounge. There is also snacks of oranges, apples, cucumber slices and cucumber or citrus water to wash it down with. I also found a huge bowl of salt there. I was able to use the salt and give myself an all over body polish in the steam room. apparently i wasn't the only person and noticed several folks in there with little cups of salt.

On my visit there, i stayed for 7 hours. it was a very nice experience where i could literally step outside of all the hustle and bustle in my world and enter a place where i could soak and steam all my troubles away.

sex on the premises isn't allowed, but that didn't stop some patrons. i did meet some nice guys and we exchanged massages. It was really nice to connect with another guy where there was obvious physical attraction, but nothing came of it.

Wed, August 6, 2008 - 6:10 PM
      I just got back from my first bath house experience in Madrid and it was wonderful. I'm sold on the group action in the steam room which I found to be transcendental. Something about all that heat and mist and water and clean bodies groping in the semidarkness was just a fabulous experience. I find Spanish men to be quite handsome and they are very sweet, gentle, and gracious and friendly and I didn't need to know Spanish at all. I imagine American bath houses are much different and I think I would be disappointed. I think all of them in DC and Baltimore have been closed down. Anyone have experiences with these in other countries?
      • Unsu...

Fri, August 8, 2008 - 8:34 PM
        Not sure that I would be one to say which "bathhouse" is best - (having been to only one - "Flex" in Atlanta, (now a bath house to me is different from a "sex house" which is another sort altogether) - although sex can definatley be found at either one). What came out of this post for me was not so much the memories of the many visits that I made to Flex during my "coming out" years that involved the raw naked man to man sex - but the times when I would go simply to be naked in the presence of other men with no thought of "getting off". Just simply "to be". Swimming naked in the pool, sitting on the ledge in the steam room, or standing in the showers - and being totally ok with simply just being there. Not having to have verbal dialogue or "eye to eye" contact - but on a different level - to just be "one of the guys". Made a really big impact on me as far as "being male"

Thanks!

Eoin
  • Unsu...

Wed, September 17, 2008 - 9:28 AM
    I know that there are men's only bathhouses in most cities, in small towns, and some countries/cities have bath houses for women or mixed crowd ones for anyone of any gender/sexual orientation; but I don't think that I'd be into bath houses, campgrounds, or anything like that.

Just my personal preference. Now if it's a nude beach or some place where clothing is optional and sex isn't the whole premise but if you want sex you can have it that sounds more fun.
  • Unsu...

Mon, March 1, 2010 - 12:32 AM
    I can't say if tt's the best or not, but the one I've been to is the Denver Swim club. It's where i go when i am feeling really horny and want to JO with other guys.
    • Unsu...

Mon, May 3, 2010 - 12:56 PM
      The only gay bath I've been to was the Denver Swim Club. I was pretty nervous the first time as I didn't know waht to expect. I don't mind walking around nude so that is what i did when i frist got there. First stop was the hot tub. There was 2 other guys there, but it was pretty tame,so i left after a few minutes.I tried the indooor pool after that. In a few minutes a nice looking guy came over to me and we kissed and fondled for a few minutes. Next stop was the stream room. That was where all the real action seemed to be. I saw to guys giving eachother hand jobs and decided to join in. One of them proceeded to give me one great blowjob! After the steam room I went to the video lounge to relax for a while. After a few minutes i got horny again so i jacked off right there. I was there maybe an hour or so and decided I will be back. In other visits i sunbathed nude, got and given hand jobs and have gotten some great BJs.
  • Unsu...

Sun, June 6, 2010 - 10:21 AM
    Has anyone been to IDM in Paris? I've been there twice. It's has three floors of pure fun. There's a gym, dry and wet sauna, video room, juice bar, maze, and even complementary sun tanning booths. When I was there, I broke my record. I did six guys in 90 minutes.
    Azazeal

Fri, June 11, 2010 - 6:10 AM
    I'm concerned with the comment about the complaints about Gay men being able to talk about the things that interest them, as men, not ghettoed off so we have to set up our own tribes to discuss our interests. Straight men have to get over their homophobia. There is so little interaction on tribe anymore anyway, it would seem to me that we should be leased for any topic here. And if a straight guy is not interested in a "gay" topic, then he doesn't have to click on it. Let them talk about boobs or Muff diving or whatever, I wont click on the topic but I'm not going to complain. The gay experience of being male is just as male as the straight experience of being male.
    • Unsu...

Thu, March 8, 2012 - 6:04 PM
      Druben you're not even a gay man you're bisexual. You're full of biphobia and practice bisexual erasure both about men in general with this post, and about yourself with your own sexuality.

There's nothing wrong with being bisexual but to completely deny your own sexuality is not good and it makes you closeted and completely hypocritical as someone who is gay, bisexual, or lesbian calling themselves "straight".

Sat, March 3, 2012 - 9:34 AM
    I've only been to Flex and Chute in Phoenix, and each just once, it was a strange experience and I would say that Flex was so dark, I couldn't even tell who was touching me. Oh well, I went with another guy who wanted to go and I just tagged along. I ended up nodding off at Chute because it was so late, and promptly got kicked out.

Sun, April 1, 2012 - 12:14 PM
      I just got back home from an extended vacation/business/family visit. I was able to visit several cool places and some gay saunas & bath houses, too.

Most recently was Flex Atlanta. Abe (above) reports that the one is Phoenix was too dark for his tastes; however, Flex Atlanta was quite different. Actually, it was one of the more exciting ones I've been to in a while - although it was just a Tuesday night in Atlanta.
      I was impressed most by the size and layout of the place. For me, being able to sunbathe nude and erect, or to have sex outdoors is a big turn on.
      Flex Atlanta is a little known enclave that can boast an outdoors lawn with chaise lounges just next to a busy expressway (I-75) and almost in the shadow for the Olympic Torch Monument and several skyscrapers. I did wonder a bit if the people in the high rises could (or would) actually be looking down on Flex's sexual garden. The staff was helpful and friendly; there was free Internet access (although I don't think free wifi), and both a gym and pool (although the water condition was excellent it was nice to swim in later March, and sunbathe naked in the afternoon. The place didn't get hopping but it had free parking and also in-out privileges, twice in the 8-hour that your entrance fee pays for. The cost was quite good too compared to other baths. ($15 or $20 rooms, $10 lockers but 50% off on Tuesdays). There is a large glory hole section, a lounge and exercise gym, but not open spaces to watch videos except the hallways. The showers, steam and dry saunas are adequate but a bit old and most people wore sandals because I suspect that athlete's foot fungus abounds. It's really worth a try if you are in the area. However, what makes it a must-return sexual rendezvous for me was the fact that I could stay the night and also use one of my two out privileges (leaving the place without giving up the room) and visit Swinging Richard's all-male strip bar about 15 minutes away by car. Tuesdays is also reduced entry to Swinging Richard's and you'll more then enjoy the hot beefy hunks, chocolate skinned thugs, manly dudes and cute twinks who dance until very late (3 am?) and eager offer to give you public lap dances at your table, semi-private and also very private lap dances. Read more reviews elsewhere but I thoroughly enjoyed being rub and fondled by a naked man in the VIP lounge. Yes, it's all about cash.. but I admit that it was incredibly fun spending it in this way. I was certainly heated up by the time I returned for a late-night fuck-a-thon back again at Flex. Not surprisingly, there was plenty of sexually unsatisfied men who had hung around until 8am so that I had plenty of reason to get up and get more action from 6am-8am the day I left Atlanta fully satisfied with many blowjobs (given and gotten) and plenty of ass too (yes, both ways).

I can't wait to plan another trip to Atlanta again.

Recent topics in "A Guide to being Male"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Pee shy Tom 3 July 22, 2014
where to find rich women Marine 0 July 8, 2014
Paganism & Naturism Nitephall 3 June 29, 2014
#1 dating site for Cougars and their admirers! Unsubscribed 0 June 14, 2014